Sunday, 7 July 2013

Towing the Line

I have finally entered the world of online shopping. So far I have only been filling my "shopping cart" with clothing, from one store. My first two purchases were summer staples that I have been meaning to add into my wardrobe: I really needed a pair of neutral, classic sandals to go with anything (my last pair were a patent yellow which were sometimes limiting, and very casual) and a sundress.
 
Following photos taken by Mom
 
This is where I find online shopping to have the biggest edge: I have a variety of clothing styles at my finger tips that are not necessarily "in" or "hot pieces" of the moment. Which is what shopping is all about: finding something a little different or unique.
 
The rare times when I cruise through a shopping mall I find that if floral sundresses are in all you see are floral dresses and that's all you can buy. The mall is definitely handy, especially if you need that piece du jour but when you want something else, or a whole lot of something else, going online opens up racks and racks of clothing that you can narrow down by typing in a search word.
 
 
So I have jumped on the online bandwagon and am awaiting the arrival of my second order but that hardly means I am going to stop visiting brick and mortar clothing stores--especially the vintage ones. There is something about physically rifling through a rack of clothes, stumbling upon a rare find that you were not expecting, and that lovely thrift store smell that will keep bringing me back through the door each and every time.
 
 Happy Sunday!


Dress: Modcloth
Purse: Vintage
Sandals: Modcloth
Necklace/Accessories: Gifts